Most menu items have minimums.
Non-corporate(private functions) catering for evenings or weekends must be a minimum of $250.00 plus tax and delivery.
Corporate guest minimums are listed. Orders must be at least $125.00 plus tax and delivery. Some items and services may require advance notice. Events requiring a contract cannot be held without a deposit.
The following conditions ensure smooth service for all our clients:
- Pricing: Prices are subject to change without notice. Unless otherwise indicated, prices do not include taxes, delivery charge, or gratuity.
- Menus: Menu items subject to change without notice.
- Delivery: Our delivery charge is based on the distance traveled and the amount of product ordered. A second charge may be incurred if our staff must return to your site for equipment. Delivery times are arranged on a first contracted basis. Please allow a delivery window of 30 minutes to one hour. Night and weekend delivery times are restricted and are charged at a slightly higher rate.
- Taxes: Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) is 13%.
- Staffing: Our servers will be uniformed in black collared shirts, black trousers and black dress shoes.
- Staff Rate: Typically the staff charge for Buffet Style service is a minimum of 15% of the total meal portion of the contract. For Sit-Down style service the staff charge is 20% of the meal portion of the contract. Other staff service charges are contracted at an hourly rate (i.e. Bartenders, Event Coordinator, etc.).
- Payment: A deposit may be required upon placing your order. The balance is due in cash, company cheque or major credit card (MasterCard, Visa) in advance of function. Credit cards need approval prior to delivery. Corporate billing is available.
- Payment terms: Payment is due upon receipt of invoice (unless otherwise agreed). On overdue accounts interest accrued at 2.0% per month thereafter.
- Portions: If we serve a customer count in excess of your guarantee, an additional charge per-guest will apply. The per-person charge is based on plate usage. Leftover containers are not provided unless arranged in advance, plus a charge for the containers will apply.
- Venues: We can assist you in locating that special room or location for your party or event.
- Cancellation: The following cancellation & confirmed order policy will apply to food or service orders that do not have a contracted cancellation clause:
- Cancellations MUST be phoned into our office and will be confirmed
- Orders may be cancelled within 48 hours and subject to 50% surcharge
- Same day cancellations will be charged full price
- Permits: Da Silva Catering and its’ agents are regularly inspected by Region of Peel Public Health authorities for compliance with food safety guidelines. Kitchen staff possesses current Food Handler Certificates.
- Insurance: Da Silva Catering is fully insured including liability and vehicle insurance.
- Contracts: There is no charge for proposals or contracts. Once our services have been contracted, there is a $25.00 charge to change the menu, times or terms of the contract. Final guest counts are typically due 7- 10 days prior to the event. More may be added at that time, but there may be a charge for lowering the guest count.
- Allergies: Client responsible to advise in advance of any food allergies or dietary restrictions.