Da Silva Catering is proud to introduce our Lunch & Learn Program in support of local businesses and the fight against COVID-19
Consider hosting your employees to a great meal and at the same time having a community health expert provide a short informative seminar on Coronavirus and Vaccines. This is an opportunity to thank your employees for their cooperation thus far, as well as a time to reinforce the messaging about vaccinations. Da Silva Catering is partnering with Indus Community Services in an effort to support businesses in the fight against COVID-19. We have made great progress to-date, but there is much more to do, including:
- Maximizing vaccine participation in the general population
- Educating about vaccines and their effectiveness
- Answering questions and addressing concerns
Education is paramount to overcoming any and all obstacles in building a healthier tomorrow. Our hope is that as more people become fully inoculated we will be able to return to a level of normalcy in our lives sooner than later. Employers as a part of the community have a role to play in assisting their employees to become educated about Coronavirus and vaccines.
Registering for our Lunch & Learn seminar is as simple as contacting Da Silva Catering, selecting a date & time, number of persons, location, type of menu….we do the rest. Your selected meal items will be prepared fresh and delivered temperature controlled directly to your place of business on the scheduled date and time.
The information part of the session will be conducted by a community health expert from our partner at Indus Community Services and takes between 15 – 20 minutes leaving approximately 10 minutes for questions. The information can be edited depending on meal break times, etc.
We are limited in the number of “Lunch & Learn” sessions that can be conducted over a week’s time, so it is important that you contact us as soon as possible to reserve your preferred date and time.
Da Silva Catering is prepared to offer a variety of cold or hot menu items that satisfy a range of cultural and dietary requirements:
Complete meals individually portioned and sealed in environmentally friendly packaging (85% post recycle material)
Sample Menu (Hot):
- White Fish A La Pancha with Tomato, Caper & Olive Compote, Steamed Carrots and Paprika Yukon Potato Wedges
- Southwest Cajun Bean Chili with Rice Pilaf
- Butternut Squash Ravioli Topped with Bocconcini Cheese with Tomato Marinara and Pesto Zucchini
- Santa Fe BBQ Chicken with Creamy Mac’n cheese and Steamed Broccoli
- Beef Bourguignon with Roasted Vegetables and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Butter Chicken with Chickpea Masala over Spiced Basmati Rice Pilaf
- Beef Hyderabadi with Maa Ki Daal over Aloo Gobi
- Saag Paneer with Vegetarian Biryani
- South Indian Okra Curry with Saffron Jewelled Cauliflower Rice with Sugar Snap Peas
Sample Menu (Cold):
- Boxed Sandwich
Choose from the following sandwiches:
- Roast Beef with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto and Creamed Horseradish on Pretzel
- Smoked Turkey Breast on Ciabatta Thin Bun with Roasted Pepper Spread and Spiced Goat Cheese
- Chopped Egg Salad on Herbed Focaccia with Citrus Mayonnaise and Fresh Sliced Cucumber
- Caprese Wrap: Tomato and Bocconcini Cheese- Vegan & Gluten Free: Vegan Roasted Vegetables on GF Seed Bun with Baby Spinach and Hummus
As a sweet reminder of the session we have even created a special Stick It To COVID cookie.
Note: Cookie orders require a minimum 7 day lead time.
Information & Ordering:
For more information or to reserve a Lunch & Learn session for your business please contact us at either of the following:
Terms & Conditions: Terms & Conditions: Lunch & Learn Seminar requires a minimum order of 50 persons. Delivery charges apply. All meal items come individually packaged. Gluten free substituitions are availble for most items at an additional cost. Standard Da Silva Catering Policies apply.
About Indus Community Services
Indus Community Services (Indus) is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for 35 years. The agency is a registered charity supported by its donors and by all three levels of government. Indus, through its professional staff of 140+ personnel, are leaders in providing culturally appropriate services to newcomers, families, women and seniors.
Indus has seven locations in Mississauga, Brampton and Oakville, all programs and services have moved to a virtual setting.
Year in Review Highlights 20-21
Our Programs Served 15,389 Community Members in Brampton, Mississauga & Oakville
- Health Services provided 4,895 sessions of virtual programming with clients from all three of our adult day services sites and provided 1,197 Home Activity kits to clients
- Family Services delivered 31 virtual workshops and support group sessions to women on topics such as Safety, Healthy Relationships, Self-esteem, Resiliency, Wellness and strategies to deal with difficult emotions and also shared information about various resources and services that are available during this pandemic
- Newcomer Services virtually assessed 5,000 clients with settlement related issues and over 1,300 clients accessed Employment Services
- 371 learners are enrolled in the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada program
- Assisted over 150 clients to file their taxes through virtual income tax clinics
Please contact us today to learn more about our programs and services: